TECHNOLOGY CONSULTS LTD
Job Title CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
Reports to: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the management of the overall company operations as well as product development, marketing, communications and logistics. The CEO is responsible for the development and approval of strategies to meet the shareholders, clients, and employee needs. Communicates with people inside and outside the company to discover what policies, products, and marketing strategies will help it move forward and makes important decisions that affect the company’s direction and its employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing and pursuing the vision and strategic plan to guide the organization.
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities.
- Foster effective team work between the Board and the Partners and between the Board and staff.
- In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate.
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile.
Operational Planning and Management
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization.
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients, Board and Funders.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization’s mission and reflect the priorities of the Board.
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects.
Human Resources Planning and Management
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job description for all staff.
Financial Planning and Management
- Work with staff and the Board (Finance Committee) to prepare a comprehensive budget.
- Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization.
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments.
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization.
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization’s people (clients, staff, management, and volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors and the organization carries appropriate and adequate sector coverage.
- Ensure that the Board and staff understand the terms, conditions and limitations of the organization.
- Proven experience as CEOor in other managerial position.
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision.
- in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
- Post qualification in Project Planning and Management a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in a managerial business position.
- 5 years Industry experience.
- Must be a shareholder in the company
- Strong understanding of corporate governance and performance management principles.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organizational skills.
- Results-driven personality with a skill for leading and motivating subordinate workers.
- Natural leader and excellent motivator.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable with public speaking
- Visionary able to make key decisions that will benefit the company.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
I have read and understood the above Job description and agree to all the requirements and responsibilities set out therein. I agree to work on behalf of the company under the above Job profile.
Name:……………………………………………………………………… I.D No……………………………..